Strengthen Your Relationship and Resolve Concerns
Relationships can be one of the most rewarding aspects of life but are also complex and challenging at times. Couples counseling or marital therapy is a chance to learn skills, resolve conflict, and become powerful allies with your partner.
Some couples are concerned that counseling becomes another place where old, painful conversations get repeated. At Red Willow Counseling and Recovery we help you and your partner identify the common triggers that derail conversation and understanding, so conflict becomes an opportunity to grow closer and an enduring friendship can emerge. We use research-backed practices such as the Gottman Method to bring stability to relationships and empower you with the tools to deepen intimacy.
We help couples in all stages of their relationship.
If you’re considering marriage or starting a long-term relationship, you can explore your ability to connect meaningfully. You and your partner can learn to navigate the future of your relationship with intention.
Our in-depth relationship assessment can help determine if your relationship can be salvaged when considering a divorce. This is helpful for couples who are trying to heal from an extra-marital affair. We can help rebuild trust and promote forgiveness from the damage the unfaithfulness caused.
We can also help you and your partner strengthen your relationship even if you’re not dealing with the stress of infidelity or other issues. Our therapists can skillfully assist you in finding ways to express mutual gratitude and appreciation, strengthen your friendship, and create shared meaning.
Our qualified therapists can help guide you through the following:
- Couples assessment to determine the strengths and challenges of a relationship
- Strengthening relationships by building better friendships
- Improving fondness and admiration between couples
- Resolving short and long term conflict
- Creating shared meaning
- Improving communication skills
- Promoting healthy intimacy and sex
- Rebuilding trust after infidelity
- Addresing the challenges of interfaith relationships, including LDS and other faiths
- Resolving LGBTQ couples challenges
- Helping with divorce and remarriage
- Integrating blended families
- Improving parenting skills
- Understanding changing roles
If your partner is unsure or doesn’t want to come
We create a safe environment where everyone can feel heard without judgment. Here you can explore challenges, resolve differences, and strengthen your relationship without sacrificing respect for yourself or each other. If your partner doesn’t want to come, your relationship and well-being will often improve even if you are the only one who attends therapy. If you’re unsure or have questions about couples counseling, feel free to contact us.