Nathan Van Dyke
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Workshops & Presentations
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Process Addiction (gambling, pornography, sex, etc.)
- Professionals in Recovery
- Addiction Assessments
- Mindfulness and Meditation Practices
- The Neuroscience of Addiction
- Licensed Substance Use Disorder Counselor (SUDC) State of Utah
- Mind Body Bridging Trained
- Motivational Interviewing Trained
- SMART Recovery Facilitator Trained
- Recovery Messaging Trained
- Member of the National Association for Addiction Professionals
- Member of the Association of Utah Substance Abuse Professionals
About Nathan Van Dyke
As a person in long-term recovery from addiction, I hold an intimate understanding of its unique horrors. My broad experience in cultivating and applying the skills required for sobriety has allowed me to help many individuals find long-term recovery. I am conversant in the various evidence-based and spiritual approaches that support addiction recovery and I am specifically knowledgeable about contemporary scientific research about addiction’s impact to the brain, and how this damage results in inexplicable behavioral changes. Raising awareness about the biological changes that addiction causes to the brain is something that naturally assists in reducing the ugly stigma attached to addiction by a long history or moralistic judgement (even of oneself).
I enjoy working with challenging clients whose primary issues are rooted in addiction, but I also have a long history of activism for mental illness awareness. I especially relish working with people who have a history of chronic relapse and have had multiple treatment episodes (as I have extensive personal experience with both).
I’m an avid independent film buff, and I attend the Sundance Film Festival every winter. In the summertime, I can be found somewhere high atop the beautiful mountains, camping in the great outdoors.