“You are the sky. Everything else is just the weather”
– Pema Chödrön
- Grief and Loss
- Feminist Multicultural Informed Counseling
- LGBTQIA+ Affirmative Counseling
- Use of Art and Creative Expression in the Therapeutic Process
- Veterans and First Responders
- Compassion Fatigue in Healthcare Workers
- Med in Clinical Mental Health Counseling – (in progress) University of Utah
- Bachelor’s of Science in Psychology – University of North Dakota
- ACA (American Counseling Association) Student Member
About Grace Mattes
I believe that vulnerability and acceptance are powerful capabilities, and my goal is to aid my clients in fostering these which leads to healing. My therapeutic style is collaborative, I believe that each person is the expert of their life and that we are shaped by our own individual experiences and identities. In my work, I aim to be alongside my clients in their process, guiding when needed and empowering them in their own meaning. I work through a lens of Feminist Multicultural Theory and Existential Theory.
When not at work I enjoy spending time with my husband, close friends, and family. Some hobbies I pursue for self-care and personal fulfillment are songwriting, painting, drawing, climbing, snowboarding, reading, and rewatching The Office with my cat, River.