“I believe we are all perfectly imperfect, inherently valuable individuals doing the best we can in the (often times) messy business of living life. Virtually all addictions, mood disorders, and relationship problems derive from historical baggage. My job as your therapist is to join you wherever you are, to hold a warm, consistent and safe space for you to discover, uncover and recover from buried emotions and cognitive distortions, that can often manifest in problematic living patterns. Together, we will combine your motivation for positive change with my knowledge, experience and skills to unleash the real you into the magnificent life experience you (and your loved ones) innately deserve and can absolutely realize.”
Drug and Alcohol Addictions
Trauma, Sex, Money and Relationships Addictions
Partner of Addict Therapy
“Phase 2” work for individuals already in “recovery”
Athletes and Professionals in Recovery
Corporate Management Consulting
LGBTQ related issues
Associate Clinical Mental Health Counselor (ACMHC) – State of Utah January 2017, Certified Sex Addiction Therapist Associate (CSAT-A), Master of Science in Mental Health Counseling from Capella University – December 2016, Break Free Intervention Skills Training Certificate 2015, Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) from University of Michigan 1989
- Completed a Clinical Internship (2016) at Gentle Path at The Meadows, Wickenburg AZ; worked with Dr. Patrick Carnes and applied The Meadows Model of treatment for addictions, emotional trauma and co-occurring disorders.
- Completed Certified Sex Addiction Therapist Associate (CSAT-A) training from International Institution for Trauma and Addiction Professionals (IITAP).
- Worked 8 years as an independent business consultant for startup addiction treatment centers in the western U.S.; attended multiple national addiction treatment conferences and developed extensive network of industry leaders in all aspects of addiction treatment.
- Worked 8 years as a treatment planning consultant/referent and sober companion.
- Currently actively involved in recovery fellowships for over 30 years.
As a middle-aged father of two adult children, former finance executive, and longtime recovering person, I’ve been through many of life’s biggies: raising kids, marriage, divorce, financial ups and downs, death and loss, and much more. In 2008, with the onset of the recession and a passion for all things “recovery”, I left a 20-year career in financial services for professional opportunities in the business end of the addiction treatment industry.
What began as a part-time pursuit of a master’s degree in mental health counseling to support financial consulting work I was doing for startup addiction treatment centers, has turned into a calling to directly help others as a therapist; I simply love working in-session with my clients and based upon their progress and feedback so far, the fit appears to be a good one all around.
When it came time in late 2015 to choose a site for my clinical internship, rather than pursuing any number of generic options near my home in Utah, I called on previously established connections of mine (as a treatment planning consultant and interventionist) at The Meadows in Arizona, the nation’s premier center for treating trauma, chemical and behavioral addictions, codependency, and mood and intimacy disorders. What ensued from my subsequent temporary relocation to Wickenburg, AZ for all of 2016, was an invaluable and coveted internship at arguably one of the finest and most clinically sophisticated addiction treatment programs in the world.
Today the combination of such specialized and superior professional training, connections within the national addictions and trauma treatment marketplace and my own ongoing personal journey, positions me to be of unique value to discerning families and individuals who are in crisis.